You can find the video analysis of The Hindu as well as Indian Express here. Analysis is available in both English as well as Hindi. You will also get practice problems based on today’s articles for both UPSC Prelims as well as Mains.
Analysis of The Hindu in English
Analysis of The Hindu in Hindi
Analysis of Indian Express in English
Analysis of Indian Express in Hindi
Practice Questions: Prelims
1. Recently, the Shankar Acharya Committee has been in news. What was the committee about?
A. Public Sector Banks Reforms
B. Financial Inclusion
C. Railway Reforms
D. Changing fiscal cycle
2. What is Hamas?
A. A mediterranean food dish
B. A political organisation in Palestine
C. A salt water lake in Jordan
D. A revolutionary movement in Yemen
3. What is the objective of the international grouping ‘Uniting for Consensus’?
A. Generating consensus against global disarmament
B. Generating consensus against global terrorism
C. Pushing for consensus in UNGA for UNSC expansion
D. Pushing for consensus for action against Climate Change
4. Which of the following statements are true about Agenda 2030?
1. It is a focused development agenda for developing countries
2. It is adopted by UNGA
3. It is a successor to MDGs
A. Only 1
B. 1 and 2
C. 2 and 3
D. 1, 2 and 3
5. Which of the following cases of Supreme Court deal with the question of Euthanasia?
A. I.R. Coelho
B. Maneka Gandhi
C. Dwarka Prasad
D. Aruna Shanbaug
6. Which of the following are features of Non Performing Assets (NPAs)?
1. Principal and interest remain unpaid for a period of more than 60 days
2. It can happen due to irresponsible lending practices
3. Bankruptcy proceedings can be used to resolve NPAs
A. 1 only
B. 2 and 3
C. 1 and 3
D. 1, 2 and 3
7. According to Supreme Court of India, Right to Privacy is a part of which of the Fundamental Rights?
A. Article 14
B. Article 19
C. Article 21
D. Article 22
Practice Questions: Mains
- The SDGs under Agenda 2030 are well aligned with the developmental priorities of India, and their fulfilment can contribute strongly to both internal development and external prestige. Comment. [200 words]
- What do you understand by Advance Care Directives? A number of invasive treatments given to prolong the life of terminally ill patients violate the dignity of the individual. Discuss whether providing Right to deny treatment to such patients is ethically viable. [200 words]
- Technology can be fool proof, but systems employing these technologies may falter. Discuss in the light of security concerns regarding Aadhaar database. Can a legal Right to Privacy be effective in providing necessary safeguards? [200 words]
Join the UPSC study group on Eckovation. Follow these steps:
- Download Eckovation app
- Join Group with Group Code: 873541