You can find the video analysis of The Hindu as well as Indian Express here. Analysis is available in both English as well as Hindi. You will also get practice problems based on today’s articles for both UPSC Prelims as well as Mains.
Analysis of The Hindu in English
Analysis of The Hindu in Hindi
Analysis of Indian Express in English
Analysis of Indian Express in Hindi
Practice Questions: Prelims
1. Which of the following states/UT of India have a joint military command?
A. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
2. To which issue are the UN ‘Nelson Mandela Rules’ related to?
A. Freedom of Speech
B. Personal Liberty
C. Mental health of prisoners
D. Preventive Detention
3. Which of the following statements are correct about ‘Partnership for Quality Infrastructure’?
1. It is a connectivity and infrastructure initiative
2. It is led by USA to counter China’s Belt and Road Initiative
3. It involves $150 billion fund to infuse necessary capital
A. 1 only
B. 3 only
C. 1 and 3
D. 1, 2 and 3
Answers: 1D, 2C, 3C
Practice Questions: Mains
- The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) of China poses serious long term strategic threats to India. Discuss. Suggest long term measures which India could take to counter this threat. [200 words]
- India signed the UN Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment in 1997, but is yet to ratify it. Discuss how ratification of this convention is advantageous to India. [200 words]
- India has taken the first major step in techno-diplomacy through South Asia Satellite. Aadhaar could provide the next step in this direction. Discuss. [200 words]
- Globally, there is an increasing trend towards creating joint military commands. Assess the need of such a command in India. Also discuss the dangers involved in such a step. [200 words]
- Essay — Criminal justice system in a civilised democracy should focus on reformation and not on retribution. [1200 words]
Join the UPSC study group on Eckovation. Follow these steps:
- Download Eckovation app
- Join Group with Group Code: 873541