You can find the video analysis of The Hindu as well as Indian Express here. Analysis is available in both English as well as Hindi. You will also get practice problems based on today’s articles for both UPSC Prelims as well as Mains.
Analysis of The Hindu in English
Analysis of The Hindu in Hindi
Analysis of Indian Express in English
Analysis of Indian Express in Hindi
Practice Questions: Prelims
1. Which of the following disciplinary actions could be taken against a recalcitrant judge of the higher discount?
1. Suspension by the Collegium of senior SC judges
2. Imprisonment by Supreme Court
3. Impeachment by Parliament
A. 2 and 3
B. 1 and 3
C. 3 only
D. 1, 2 and 3
2. The recent proposal to set a body named SPARK is related to what?
A. Providing LPG connections to households
B. Promoting solar power
C. Promoting scientific research in the country
D. Providing seed fund to start-ups
3. Which of the following countries have a pacifist Constitution which prohibits nuclear weapons and involvement in multilateral conflicts?
Answers: 1A, 2C, 3C
Practice Questions: Mains
1. While there has been a lot of discussion on the imperfections of the collegium system, maintaining the internal discipline of the judiciary is an equally vexing issue. In light of this statement, discuss the necessity of a Judicial Standards and Accountability law.
2. “Indian science needs more scientific experts, not more managers.” In light of this statement, critically analyse the proposal to form SPARK to promote science in India.
3. Discuss long term reforms needed to resolve the issue of NPAs in light of the Indradhanush scheme.
Join the UPSC study group on Eckovation. Follow these steps: